[TriLUG] 2.4 Ghz signal distance issue - your thoughts?

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sun Jun 12 21:45:28 EDT 2005

the one i installed a couple of years ago that links two manufacturing
plants together has been in service ever since with no problems.  i used
a proxim product and would use the same product again given another
opportunity.  it is a $1200 line item.  however, for a commercial
network, it pays to spend the money on the product designed for the job.

http://www.proxim.com

their kit contains the antennae, coax, transceivers, lightning arrestors.

let me know if you need one, and i'll have it on your doorstep.

it would be way cool to get a job at the outer banks for an installation
:-)  howard's pub rules.