[TriLUG] Good NAS devices? (Hope this is not too far off-topic)

Byarlay, Wayne A. wab at purdue.edu
Thu Jun 16 12:07:46 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I am currently struggling against getting an Iomega NAS to allow my
RedHat 9 machine to mount it. But this is not why I'm posting to
TriLUG... What I actually am interested in, is a recommendation by some
experienced admins for a great Network Attached Storage device. I want
one that'll work great for Samba/Windows, NFS, and FTP. It should be
easy to configure (A problem I'm having with this Iomega is that many
configuration settings are cryptic to me). I would like something with
LOTS of space, and should be RAID capable.

And also, GOOD TECH SUPPORT from the company. I am disappointed in
Iomega's support.

I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Wayne Byarlay