[TriLUG] linux/windoze Interoperability NOTE: 4 GB VFat filesize limit

Glenn Hennessee Glenn_Hennessee at ncsu.edu
Thu Jun 16 13:23:42 EDT 2005

Kevin Flanagan wrote:

> There is also ghost for Unix, http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/

I downloaded this and am trying it out. I ghosted a windows xp system to
a (windows) ftp server. The windows installation uses 3 GB of disk space
but the "ghost" image is 9 GB in size! Instead of getting smaller, it
got 3 times larger. I'm downloading it back down to another machine that
is identical to see if I can use it for imaging.

Has anyone else tried this and know why the ghost image is so large?
glenn