[TriLUG] Ot: File Transfer

Ian Meyer ianmeyer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 23:45:36 EDT 2005

Precisely. Any file system* that uses 32-bit addressing is limited to
4 gb files. If the fs uses 64-bit addressing, however, it gets to the
some-insanely-huge-value-of-n petabytes I think.

~ian

*at least that's my understanding of things...

Ian Meyer  - ianmeyer at mac.com, ianmeyer at gmail.com

GPG Key ID: B779F2D4
     Fingerprint: FF2D F47B DCEB 4434 7DFF 9078 F857 DFC4 B779 F2D4

- Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me you built a time
machine... out of a DeLorean?
- The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car,
why not do it with some style?