[TriLUG] ssh problem and X11Forwarding

Owen Berry oberry at trilug.org
Fri Jun 17 13:18:36 EDT 2005

I had a problem a few months ago on my Gentoo box where X forwarding
suddenly stopped working after a system update. I found the problem to
be a change to a pam config file: /etc/security/pam_env.conf.

The following lines needed to be commented out to get it working again:

REMOTEHOST     DEFAULT= OVERRIDE=@{PAM_RHOST}
DISPLAY                DEFAULT=${REMOTEHOST}:0.0 OVERRIDE=${DISPLAY}

Maybe this will help you out, even though the distribution is different.

Giving credit where it is due, I found the answer on the Gentoo forums.

--
Owen