[TriLUG] trilug installfest - sat, july 9

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 19:24:45 EDT 2005

On 6/17/05, Jason Tower <jason at cerient.net> wrote:

> as we mentioned earlier, we're going to try a slightly modified format
> for this event.  in addition to the traditional installfest part which
> will be focused on getting linux installed on hardware, we'll also have
> a general help session for those who have linux installed but would like
> assistance with a particular problem.

Well I'd love to have some help in developing/reviewing a safe
strategy to safely migrate my workstation/server from RH9 to Ubuntu
hoary or Debian sarge.  I've got two small scsi drives, and two large
ATA drives, none of which are under LVM, and some critical web apps,
one of which, a wiki is relatively popular and has a sizeable mysql
database and image library built up.