[TriLUG] su: can not run bin bash, no such file or directory

Chris Bullock cgbullock at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 18 13:44:45 EDT 2005

postfix mail server running some flavor of red hat 7.x, I have a user I
wish to execute the vacation command.  I change /etc/password to let the
user have a /bin/bash shell instead of /bin/false, but when I try to su to
the users acct I get the following error "su: can not run /bin/bash, no
such file or directory"  bash is installed and I currently use it for my
user.  I have tried to change to another shell and the error remains the
same substituting the shell I give the user.
Any ideas?
Regards,
Chris