[TriLUG] Ot: File Transfer

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Tue Jun 21 08:08:52 EDT 2005

Well, their willingness to use Linux certainly makes things easier.  I'm
still in favor of using wget --continue as it will pick up where it left
off.  Downloading files of any appreciable size leaves the possibility of
timeout problems, and when that size is in gigabyts....I'd bet on the
certainty of it happening.  You don't want to start at the beginning every
time it happens.

You probably also want to automate this job as doing this manually could
get really boring, really quick.  My suggestion would be Perl + cron, but
that's because I'm a Perl guy.

William