[TriLUG] still new to apt-get, must be missing something...

Cristobal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 18:16:01 EDT 2005

Also:

disable <F10> as a menu key for x-term (or just run aptitude outside X) and
you can access aptitudes' menu, which is handy. It includes minesweeper (God
knows why).

I especially like that I can hit "/" to search for a string and it matches
as I type. If I want to find the next instance, I just type "\".

Lastly, don't be too surprised if you get errors complaining about your
/etc/apt/sources.list file. I get these regularly, but perhaps that has more
to do with the fact that I'm running Sid than with any flaw in aptitude.

-CMP