[TriLUG] SpamAssassin question

Douglas Ward dward at nccumc.org
Thu Jun 23 10:38:04 EDT 2005

I apologize for dumping all of my questions on the list at once but I am stuck in one other place.  After setting up spamassassin to work with MailScanner I am working on razor, pyzor, and dcc.  I have MailScanner set to use them with the following MailScanner.conf entry:

# paths to utilities
pyzor_path /usr/bin/pyzor
dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc

# Uncomment the lines below to stop using the specific service
# To stop Razor2 checks, uncomment the following line
# use_razor2            0
# To stop DCC checks, uncomment the following line
# use_dcc               0
# To stop Pyzor checks, uncomment the following line
#  use_pyzor    0

# The timeouts for blacklists and Razor are rather generous in the
# default state that SpamAssassin is shipped. Reducing these
# stops a lot of timeouts from removing SpamAssassin scores
# altogether.

rbl_timeout 20
razor_timeout 10
pyzor_timeout 10

I downloaded and installed the rpm's for all three packages from urpmi.  The above entries are pretty much the MailScanner defaults.  Is this all I have to do?  Do I need to set up any auto updating or configure these three packages initially?  Please forgive the newbie question but I can't seem to make much sense of the documentation on these three individual packages.  Mail is being delivered through the gateway properly so I assume there aren't any configuration issues.  Any help would be most appreciated.  Thanks again!

Douglas Ward
Director of Information Technology
NC Methodist Conference
1307 Glenwood Ave.