[TriLUG] [Fwd: [TAA-NC Discussion] [OT}: help with Squid]

Dan dan at daijin.dissimulo.com
Fri Jun 24 06:06:07 EDT 2005

for the $COMPANY internal network I am using Squid 2.5/STABLE5 on
FreeBSD 4.9... it works really well except for when it doesn't. There
seems to be some specific MS related things it just doesn't handle.

The latest is an external web site... if I go to the page using the
proxy I get a login box and then am redirected to a 'temporarily under
construction' page.  If I turn off the proxy I get the real support
page.  The page source is this (though a lot more than this is displayed):

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft Visual InterDev 1.0">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="expires" CONTENT="-1">
<TITLE>bioMérieux: Basic Kit</TITLE>

<LINK href="opmaak.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
</HEAD>

<FRAMESET cols="120,*" frameborder="0" framespacing="0" border="0">
    <FRAME src="BasicKit_buttons.asp" name="buttons" framespacing="0"
noresize scrolling="NO" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">
    <FRAME src="BasicKit_home.asp" name="main" framespacing="0" noresize
marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">
    <noframes>
them.</p>
    </BODY>

    </noframes>
</FRAMESET>

</HTML>

What are they doing to keep Squid from working?  Is it the frame src?
Can I make squid happy with it?

Normal users are forced to use the proxy so turning it off for this
website is not an option.

--
Dan Monjar