[TriLUG] Is My Wireless Card Bad?

Randall Barlow rpbarlow at ncsu.edu
Thu Jun 30 09:39:41 EDT 2005

David McDowell wrote:

>Yup, if you have the ipw2200, see this:
>http://www.turnpike420.net/linux/Ubuntu_notes.txt

Hey David, thanks for the notes.  I followed them, and my wireless seems
to be a lot more reliable than it was before.  I left the machine on
over night to see if it would still have the connection this morning,
and it did!  One small thing on the notes: in step 6, it wasn't
ipw2200-fw-2.3.tgz that was in the /usr/src/ folder, but
ipw2200-source-something.tgz.  No big deal, just thought I would point
that out for future reference.  I'm still learning the "Debianesque"
system, so now I need to man some of those utilities used there so I can
understand what exactly I did.  Thanks to all who have responded to this
and other questions, I'm sure I will have more.  TriLUG is a great Linux
community!

Randy Barlow