[TriLUG] Fetchmail (was: Email rejections)

Jeffrey A. Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Wed Jul 6 12:23:17 EDT 2005

I experienced the same "drinking from a fire hose" effect when I was first
trying to get fetchmail running.  Unless someone else here says differently, I
suggest that each user start up their own fetchmail daemon.  I set it up in
/etc/profile to call fetchmail each time they log in.  If it's already
running, calling it again just initiates an immediate check of the forwarded
email account, so no problem.

I've been running it that way for about 5 years without much trouble.

Jeff G.