[TriLUG] apache2 and PHP5

Ryan Wheaton ryan.wheaton at comcast.net
Thu Jul 7 14:58:30 EDT 2005

For the longest time I was reading warnings against using PHP with
Apache2 in a production environment.  While I heeded the warnings for my
production servers, I never had a problem running it on any dev servers
and seemed stable.  But, my question now is, are these warnings still
present with the release of PHP5?  I found some stuff that warned
against using PHP as a MPM, but can I assume that running apache2 with
php compiled in is ok?? I could be very behind the times here, but just
wanted to ask.

thanks,
rtw