[TriLUG] Opennms/Tomcat4 on Debian Sarge

Timothy A. Chagnon tchagnon at futeki.net
Sun Jul 10 17:23:26 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 11:52 -0400, Greg Brown wrote:
> apt-get install ant
>
> oops, now I get an error.
>
> Package ant is not available, but is referred to by another package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
> However the following packages replace it:
>   libant1.5-java
>
> I can insatll libant1.5-java, and I have, but tomcat4 still complains
> about "ant" if I try to install it.

I'm new to the Ubuntu/Debian too, so it's not an exact answer, but a
http://packages.debian.org/ant search shows that ant is part of contrib.
Probably need to add that repository to /etc/apt/sources.list in some
way.

You'll know you've got it when /usr/bin/ant exists.

--
Timothy A. Chagnon
Linux, how do I love thee?