[TriLUG] A clock problem

Randall Barlow rpbarlow at eos.ncsu.edu
Sun Jul 10 17:41:02 EDT 2005

This may be a Gentoo specific problem: I recently ran "emerge --update
--deep world".  I usually do this about once a month to get all the
updates (I don't do it more frequently because it always screws up my
nVidia driver...)  This time when I did it I started to get warnings
that said that I should not set the clock in /etc/rc.conf (I had it set
to "local").  However, it didn't tell me where I should set the clock.
So now my computer says it's 9:40 pm and it's really 9:16 pm.  How can I
fix this?  Thanks!

Randy Barlow