[TriLUG] aptitude broke gaim!

Jason Faulkner jasonlf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 13:12:52 EDT 2005

> Seriously, should one always use dist-upgrade?

(this info prolly applies more to stable)

If you apt-get upgrade, you'll be *very* unlikely to break something.
It's kinda like a quick security fix, nothing else.

apt-get dist-upgrade has more of a chance to break something, because
it changes deps in such a way it has to pull in another package or
remove a package.

So I would make sure to lookup what it was doing on a dist-upgrade,
but I tend to 'trust' an upgrade to just work.

--
Jason Faulkner
OldOs.org Owner/Admin / http://oldos.org / jason at oldos.org
Certified INGOTS Gold Assessor Trainer / http://www.theingots.org