[TriLUG] best router / firewall distro

Ryan Wheaton ryan.wheaton at comcast.net
Mon Jul 11 14:54:05 EDT 2005

Hey guys.

just another monday.  I'm currently running a 486 with smoothwall for a
all in one router / firewall system, and I like it fine, but it's an
older version and it's time to upgrade.  Was thinking of just putting
the newer version of Smoothwall on there, but wanted to get everyone's
recommendations.  Unless a better candidate comes along, I think it's
between SmoothWall and *m0n0wall.  I like the options and BSD security
offered by m0n0wall, and have read good things, but I've heard that it's
hard to get set up?  Note that i'm not all that experienced with BSD's
but linux is a familiar home.

best,
rtw
*