[TriLUG] Printing from the Web

Josh Vickery vickeryj at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 10:53:36 EDT 2005

Printing web pages reminds me of the days when websites only worked in
one browser.  I've only found one solution that seems to work for most
pages, and that is to modify the CSS, usually just removing it.  On
pages that I control, this is not a problem (at
http://vickeryj.freeshell.org/resume.html see the inline css that
starts with @media print {) for others pages I rely on the
mozilla-firefox web developer extension to edit the CSS on the fly
(usually just add media="screen").  This is not the best solution, but
until all web developers start thinking about print media as well as
screen, its the best I've found.

Josh