[TriLUG] Apache sharing files out of a samba share

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 12:57:17 EDT 2005

We are building an app with apache/php that will allow users to upload
and download files.  I'd like to store the files on my Win fileserver
to make backups easier, the linux box attaches to the share at
/mnt/mysharename and works great with PHP displaying the directory
contents to a web user, however, I can't actually "link" to the file
that way, or am doing so incorrectly.

What is recommended?  mount to a different point, an alias to the mnt
point from Apache, a different/new directive in httpd.conf??

thanks,
David McD