[TriLUG] Looking for help with presentation

stan briggs stan at StanBriggs.com
Thu Jul 14 12:37:25 EDT 2005

carl,

when you finish this might just make a fine presentation to our little
group.

stan

-----Original Message-----
From: trilug-bounces at trilug.org [mailto:trilug-bounces at trilug.org] On Behalf
Of Carl Crider
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 11:39 AM
To: trilug at trilug.org
Subject: [TriLUG] Looking for help with presentation

Hello all,

I am looking for people interested in doing a presentation during the Troika
Music Festival www.troikamusicfestival.org being held next month.

The presentation idea is: "Building a Digital Audio Workstation with Linux"

The presentation should consider this DAW being built on store-bought
hardware, we arent trying to build a pro level studio. Just something to
record into, edit tracks, etc.
It should include tools for creating podcasts as well.

I want people to understand that they can do this without been forced to buy
a MAC [not that MAC is bad, just more expensive], or having to use [shudder]
Windows.

I want the local Linux group involved as much as possible.

Anyone interested in working on this project, or if you have questions,
please contact me.

Thank you,

Carl Crider
c.crider at gmail.com