[TriLUG] Apache sharing files out of a samba share

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 12:53:55 EDT 2005

well, I still can't figure this one out.  we're seemingly having
better results with the jpg and mp3 files, but the word files are
still wacky.  Saved with Word 2002 version, plain docs are great, but
docs with form fillable stuff come through as 0 bytes.  Perms are the
same on both types of files.  I thought maybe some macro type stuff
exists in the form fillable types, but it fails with firefox/OOo on
linux as well, so I decided that couldn't be it.  Am I mounting to the
samba share correctly in fstab?

//MYWINSERVER/mysharename        /mnt/mysharename        smbfs
uid=apache,credentials=/path/to/.mycredfile 0 0

It is the apache user which should be put here I presume.  I'm
considering trying an NFS share off another linux box just to see what
results I get from that.

laters,
David McD