[TriLUG] Apache sharing files out of a samba share

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 16:22:23 EDT 2005

ok, solution... and what I can't believe is I didn't catch this myself
*blush* && beat the crap out of...  Microsoft is the $devil here...
files were being placed in a directory, and with NTFS, the defaults
are, "inherit perms of parent".  This is always true by default unless
a directory is specifically told not to inherit or pass down it's
permissions.  Somehow the SMB share was being retarded and needed to
be beat around, b/c the perms on some files didn't inherit from
parent... and it just *so* happened to be the ones with form fillable
vs the ones which weren't.  What a strange coicidence to make it a
PITA to troubleshoot.  At least I can admit my errors... please not
jokes about using NTFS (at least on list)... :p

thanks for everyone's help,
David McD