[TriLUG] SATA and Linux RAID

jbrigman at nc.rr.com jbrigman at nc.rr.com
Fri Jul 22 14:13:03 EDT 2005

Dean - Do both, if you can. As cheap as the 250GB SATA drives are, put
two in a mirror in the system and use one to do the nightly backup to.
Mirroring gets you protection against drive failure, and the nightly
backup gets you a 24 hour window of protection against deleted data.

Alan was right about rsync: it's a great way to do nightly backups,
you can do incremental rsync and speed things up dramatically over a
full nightly dump.

JKB