[TriLUG] CentOS and Blowfish

Jeff The Riffer riffer at vaxer.net
Mon Jul 25 14:20:44 EDT 2005

Howdy. I just joined this list but have been meaning to attend a TriLUG
meeting for a while. Sadly, other obligations prevent me doing this for
the forseeable future.

However I am looking for input on a problem. I have a server running
OpenBSD 3.2, and we're migrating to a CentOS box on more powerful
hardware. The issue is that CentOS does not appear to natively support
Blowfish encryption for the shadow files.

Does anyone have experience enabling Blowfish in CentOS? I've looked
around for tutorials, guides, or live experience but have had no success
so far.

#     riffer at vaxer.net - Jeff The Riffer - Drifter... - Homo Postmortemus     #
# Disclaimer: I am not a number, I am a free man, and my thoughts are my own. #
# GCS$ d-- H++ s:++ !g p+ au0 a31 w+ v?(*) C++ UA P? L 3 E---- N++ K- W-- M+ V#
# po--- Y+ t+ 5+ !j R G' tv b+ D++ B--- e+ u--- h--- f+ r+++ n- y+++*         #