[TriLUG] Disable Some Screensavers

David W. Aquilina david at starkindler.us
Wed Jul 27 11:18:50 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 11:16:48AM -0400, Brian Henning wrote:
>   New question:  How can I disable certain screen savers when using the
> "Random" option?

>From http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/faq.html#edit-hacks:

" Run the xscreensaver-demo program. On the left is a list of all of the demos. Each has a checkbox next to it. Un-check the ones you don't like. Only the ones that are checked will be automatically run by the xscreensaver daemon (though you can still run the others explicitly by double-clicking on them in the xscreensaver-demo window.)

After you've run xscreensaver-demo once, you will have a .xscreensaver file in your home directory. You can also just edit that file directly: disable the ones you don't like by putting a minus (-) at the beginning of the line. The xscreensaver daemon will notice when the file has changed and reload it automatically."

I believe that's what you're looking for, though I haven't tested it myself.

best,
--
David W. Aquilina
david at starkindler.us