[TriLUG] A clock problem

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Thu Jul 28 16:46:57 EDT 2005

You're welcome to name the file whatever you want and create the link
yourself.  You can even create your own time zone file and compile a new
one, but most distributions have a configuration utility that's only
prepared to deal with the standard names.  Just so you know, the names
EST5EDT, SystemV/EST5EDT, US/Eastern, and America/New_York are all
identical, but New_York is now the accepted standard.  The others are
kept around for compatibility.  I find it odd that they didn't settle on
Eastern, but something tells me they won't drop the old names any time soon.

Joel