[TriLUG] Networked DVR (was storage with 4 x 80G hard drives?)

Owen Berry oberry at trilug.org
Mon Aug 1 12:34:43 EDT 2005

Sorry to hijack this thread (seems to have run out for now anyway), but
I was wondering if there were any thoughts on using the Linksys NSLU2
and Debian (or other Linux based firmware replacements) to build a
networked DVR.

The one sticking point that I can see is the video output. It looks like
you can get a USB to s-video cable, although they seem to be aimed at
capturing video to a PC, not the other way around. Maybe there are more
promising solutions out there.

Any thoughts? Other devices out there that would be more suitable?

Thanks.

-- Owen