[TriLUG] Help with Mandrake 2005 LE

Walt Novinger wbnovinger at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 1 20:59:50 EDT 2005

I just installed a copy of Mandrake 2005 LE on one of my machines and all went
well (seemingly). Unfortunately, when I told the system to reboot and bring
up the new installation, the system hangs. The last couple of things I see
are:

Simple Boot Flag at 0x3b set to 0x1
apm: BIOS version 1.2 Flags 0x03 (Driver version 1.16ac)

The machine is an eMachines with a 1.8GHz Celeron processor and 512MB RAM. It
was running Suse 9.0 perfectly until about 30 minutes ago. :(

Any suggestions from the group would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Walt Novinger