[TriLUG] Help with Mandrake 2005 LE

Douglas Ward binaryflow at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 22:33:04 EDT 2005

Is this a laptop or a desktop? Have you run any earlier versions of Mandrake
or other distributions successfully? It's been my experience that this
usually happens when some hardware doesn't care for linux. This may be hard
with a laptop but if it's a desktop try removing a peripheral or two. I'd
start with the sound card. That's what seems to always trip me up at work.