[TriLUG] AMD and reliability

Phillip Rhodes motley.crue.fan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 14:44:04 EDT 2005

On 8/1/05, Greg Brown <gwbrown1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone on the list has the same misfortune with AMD that I have
> had?  Perhaps I am returning too quickly to the comfortable world of
> Intel.

FWIW, I've used AMD based systems heavily since my first PC, a
386DX-40, and have never had a reliability problem that seemed at all
linked to the CPU.  Flaky memory and bad hard-drives have plagued me,
but I've never known of a problem specific to the CPU.

All other things being equal, I generally prefer AMD based systems, still.

TTYL,

Phil