[TriLUG] USB TV/FM Tuner

john mitchell john280z at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 3 14:35:41 EDT 2005

Ron Joffe wrote:

>On Wednesday 03 August 2005 14:00, john mitchell wrote:
>

>>   Your email caused me to plug in a small USB FM radio I got for a
>>$1.00. I downloaded "gradio" and low and behold, 93.9 is running on my
>>Gnome desktop!
>>I see that there is a "fmtools", a command line tool available.
>>

>John,
>
>Brand and model # please :)

   "GemTek" , Model "RADIO 21", mfg. 1999. I remember looking this up
when I got it, long out of production, I believe everyone went to a
plug-in PC Card style. The Tuner is only fair, I can't listen to WCPE
(89.7) very clearly.

Look what I found:
http://www.cel-soft.com/Radio21.htm

I Googled for: "gemtek" radio 21

Here is the Windows Software I was using:
http://flesko.cz/index.htm

john mitchell