[TriLUG] Re: Server-side rss aggregators

Chris erbridges88 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 10:28:15 EDT 2005

Rick DeNatale wrote:

>I was wondering if any triluggers had recommendations
>on a server side
>rss aggregator.
>
>I was looking at Temboz, but ran into a wall trying
to >track down the
>dependencies, I liked it's claim of a Tivo like
>interface. MyHeadlines
>looks interesting, but it looks like it takes a bit
of >administration.
>Feed on feeds looks like a pioneer, but the web UI it
>presents looks
>less appealing than MyHeadlines.
>
>So does anyone have any experience with these or
>others? None of them
>seem to be packaged for Debian/Ubuntu.

The only server-side RSS aggregator (packaged for
Debian) that I know of is rawdog.
Download link: http://snipurl.com/gprq
Info here: http://offog.org/code/rawdog.html

Other options (these are not packaged versions):
Flock--> server-side aggregator written in Java
Rnews--> server-side aggregator written in PHP with
MySQL