[TriLUG] Gallery Problems

Randall Barlow rpbarlow at eos.ncsu.edu
Fri Aug 5 22:23:37 EDT 2005

Jeff Groves wrote:

> Have you checked your apache "error_log" file for any entries?
> Jeff G.

I got several entries of:

[Fri Aug 05 22:11:31 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.2] File does not
exist: /var/www/localhost/htdocs/favicon.ico

Could that cause a 404 on the entire page?  It's my understanding that
this isn't really a critical file, but if I need one is that the problem?

It's just so weird how non-reproducible this problem is.  The gallery
works fine one minute then click a few links and bam a 404 error.  Wait
a while and it works great again.  The url is:
http://www.hamlettcorp.com/gallery/ if you want to see what I'm talking
about for yourself...

Thanks!
Randy Barlow