[TriLUG] BSD users?

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 11:40:45 EDT 2005

On 8/10/05, Aaron S. Joyner <aaron at joyner.ws> wrote:
> my experience would be that you can make a good desktop out of any
> operating system

Well said.  My experience as well.  Some OSes meet those needs more
readily, but that's another discussion.

> It did occur to me that the two might be very similar at the CLI
> level, however.

I have found this to be very much NOT the case.  While the kernel
might be BSD-based, the environment seemed very un-BSD-like.  The last
time I used a Mac, I did so specifically for the purpose of
familiarizing myself with the system from the command line.  The areas
where BSD and OSX are alike from CLI are the areas where any *nix
would be similar.

MPF