[TriLUG] BSD users?

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 14:11:49 EDT 2005

You may find this (rather long) article interesting, too:
http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/bsd4linux1.php
It's a basic comparison between BSD and Linux, and what makes them
different, not better or worse, just a pretty objective view of the
differing philosophies of the 'two camps'.

WMM

On 8/11/05, Chris Bullock <cgbullock at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I tried PC-BSD for a while, it is bsd written just for the desktop user.
> It made everything easy by giving utilities to download software
> precompiled. It had a very nice desktop and most everything was very
> clean and the simplist install I had ever done, for any OS.
>
> --- Tom Eisenmenger <teisenmenger at charter.net> wrote:
>
> > Not wanting to start a flamewar or anything, but are there any BSD users
> >
> > in Trilug? I'm thinking of giving DesktopBSD a run, especially since
> > the family PC is now a Mac Mini running Tiger (with a BSD kernel, I
> > believe).
> >
> > Tom Eisenmenger
> > --

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős