[TriLUG] Print server request

Steven Klund detox at starfishnet.com
Thu Aug 11 23:38:44 EDT 2005

Hey folks!

First, to all who post here, thank you so much for the knowledge you
share.  I rely on this venue for good information.
Now, on to my qufestion..........

I have 4 linux machines and 1 win laptop.  I would like to set up an
older HP printer for all to use, via a print server attached to my
router.
I had a Seimens 2 port router with print server, but it has died.  Does
anyone have an old print server (parallel port) that could use a good
home?  I jsut do not have the cash flow to spend a lot.  My network is
between 3 rooms in my house and the laptop is a part time machine.  I
would like to have the printer accessed by any pc and not be reliant on
keeping a pc running just so others can print.
If anyone can help, please let me know

Thanks,

Steve Klund