[TriLUG] Work for Google!

Aaron Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Fri Aug 12 11:01:41 EDT 2005

This is just a short email (relative to my usual fare) to throw out the
possibility of working for Google.  I know a fair number of you have
probably seen posts from the recruiters in the past go across the list,
but as someone on the inside I can now safely say it's a real and
distinct possibility to work for one of the coolest companies on the
planet.  It's not just a billboard add.  :)

For reference, working for Google will entail moving out of the
Triangle, likely to Mountain View, or optionally to Atlanta.  The types
of positions available differ slightly depending on where you'd like to
work, but are generally universally available.  Note that at least for
SysAdmin-types, we hire in rather broad categories, and then slot you
where you best fit with in the company, which is largely driven by what
you're most interested in working on.  For some sample job category
descriptions, check out:
http://www.google.com/jobs/

Or showing my personal bias towards SysAdmin work:
http://www.google.com/support/jobs/bin/answer.py?answer=23641
http://www.google.com/support/jobs/bin/answer.py?answer=23643
http://www.google.com/support/jobs/bin/answer.py?answer=23646

If it's something that sounds like it would appeal to you, shoot me an
email and enclose a resume.  I'll put it in the hands of the right people.

Aaron S. Joyner
System Administrator
Google