[TriLUG] hald/messagebus

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Aug 15 13:41:28 EDT 2005

Has anyone got this to work? I'm running 2.6.12.

I can get hald/ hal-device-manager to detect currently
installed devices, but not devices on hotplugging (I've only
tried USB so far). If instead I start hald with the
hotplugged devices plugged then they are seen, but don't go
on removal.

The hotplugged devices are detected in /dev and I assign
them my private names OK (eg a PNY brand flash memory stick
comes up as the standard scsi name /dev/sda and /dev/sda1 as
well as my name of /dev/pny and /dev/pny1). I assume udev is
working but I'm not really sure.

Thanks Joe