[TriLUG] Ubuntu stuff

crimsun at fungus.sh.nu crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
Tue Aug 16 00:37:36 EDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 09:02:59PM -0400, Dhruv Gami wrote:
> I agree with Dan. He has a right to share something he found
> interesting. Moreover, isn't the freedom to choose from different
> options the whole essence of open source? By discouraging other sources
> to exist, you're taking away a user's freedom to look elsewhere if she
> does not agree with the information available on one site.

This opinion is distorted. The most active participants in the general
support channel do not discourage ubuntuguide from existing - in fact,
we mention that ubuntuguide is worth considering but that those who use
it must be careful, because it's an unofficial guide that does not
explain the consequences of its recommendations and procedures.

Thanks,

Daniel T. Chen          crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
GPG key:   www.sh.nu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc