[TriLUG] essential Linux skills?

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Tue Aug 16 12:17:22 EDT 2005

i have a simple "test" i've given to prospective employees:

i create a user account on one of my servers, start a screen session,
and have them log in and attach to the session (that way i can see what
they're doing).  i then say "you have fifteen minutes to tell me
everything you can about this machine.  go."  it will quickly become
apparent how much linux they really know.

jason