[TriLUG] August 18th Raleigh Perl Mongers meeting

Brad Oaks bradoaks at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 17:22:20 EDT 2005

Good evening Perl Mongers and TriLUGgers,

Tomorrow evening (at 7:15pm) Brad Oaks will give a presentation titled
"tools for coding in the dark (i.e. without internet access). -- brief
coverage of CPAN::Mini and a mention of Pod::Webserver"

Sometimes you can take it with you. In this presentation we will cover
two tools to add to your laptop before your next road trip, or before
a storm knocks out your modem.

The meeting will take place at the offices of McClatchy Interactive in
Raleigh.  Directions and past talk notes are available at
http://raleigh.pm.org/

Hope to see you out,
--bradoaks

CPAN::Mini creates or updates a local mirror of CPAN. This is
especially useful for those of us coding on laptops where we
occasionally do not have internet access. (For more, investigate the
CPAN::Mini::Phalanx100 and CPAN::Mini::Inject projects.)

Pod::Webserver provides a web interface to the pod documentation
resident on a particular machine. You'll have an index of all the
modules installed on your system, and the docs will be for the same
*version* of the package you have installed.

Presenter:      Brad Oaks

Location:       McClatchy Interactive (formerly Nando Media) 1100 Haynes
St, Suite 220, Raleigh NC 27604
Map: We are near downtown Raleigh with plenty of parking available.

The McClatchy Interactive offices are located in the refurbished Pilot
Mill complex near downtown Raleigh at 1101 Haynes Street. To find us,
take Peace Street to Halifax Street. Follow Halifax Street to its end
at the intersection with Cedar Street and continue straight into the
parking lot for the Pilot Mill building. Use the entrance on the left
side of the building. Our offices are on the second floor in Suite
220.
We will have someone opening the door until 7:20pm.
If you know that you will be late, please email me during the day
(bradoaks at gmail.com) and I can give a list of names to the security
guard.