[TriLUG] "Digital Locket" MP3 player and Linux

Mike Shaw mdshaw89 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 15:26:23 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone,

Well my wife is looking at the new beatsounds
<http://www.beatsounds.com>"Digital Locket" MP3 player(EMP-Z
II Plus<http://www.beatsounds.com/pb/index.asp?CurrentCatID=C20028034637564111>)
as an upgrade from her iRiver IFP-795. The iRiver has 512M and the Digital
Locket she is looking at is 1GB.

My question is has anyone heard if anyone has been able to successfully
communicate to one of these from Linux? She is also looking at the IFP-799,
which is 1GB too but the DL is a little cheaper, smaller and displays a
picture while not be used, hence the "locket" name.

I haven't food anything on google about this type of connection so far.

TIA,

Mike Shaw