[TriLUG] OT: mail servers corrupting our attachments

jonc jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 25 12:51:01 EDT 2005

We battled this a lot with Mailman. If recall correctly part of the
problem *was* the file extension. The receiving servers treated them as
text when they should have treated them as binary... multiple problems
ensued.

The problem was made worse by multipart mime encoding/decoding, which
some servers did one way, while *others* went their own way totally
ignoring any kind of standards.

The first step is to pick a nice extension that Mail servers will
respect and leave alone. Try that out and see if it helps!

Good Luck -
Jon Carnes