[TriLUG] Website Directory Listing via HTTP?

Shane O'Donnell shaneodonnell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 17:59:17 EDT 2005

So here's the real use case...

A web server, for which I have ONLY HTTP access, has an MP3
repository.  So does my laptop.  I want to be able to pull a complete
listing of available MP3s, including directory information (which
contains artist, album info) and compare it to the MP3s I have on my
laptop so I can determine what I need to push to the web server and
what is available that I don't have on my laptop.

So is "a manual rsync via HTTP" a better description?

Shane O.

On 8/25/05, Richard Ryder <ryder at cesmail.net> wrote:
> Does "links -dump http://someurl.com" output what you're looking for?
>
> Rich
>
> William Sutton wrote:
> > No dice...looked at wget --spider and wget --mirror to see if I could get
> > anything....and didn't have any success.  May end up being a full-blown
> > spider program using LWP::UserAgent.

Shane O.
========
Shane O'Donnell