[TriLUG] FC3 to RHEL ES

Sam Folk-Williams sam.folkwilliams at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 19:48:48 EDT 2005

umm... don't try to "upgrade" from FC to RHEL. Technically speaking
that would actually be a "downgrade". I would strongly urge you to do
a complete reinstall. Depending on what you are running you can back
up certain /etc files and restore them. Once you are on RHEL, though,
you can be assured of a stable platform for years to come....

On 8/25/05, Brian Henning <brian at strutmasters.com> wrote:
> Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> > Which is okey except I'm *really* not looking forward to
> > going through the @&*#&@*(&@( package selection process
> > again and rationalising it against the ones I have installed
> > on FC3.  It'ud be nice if the package list were exportable
> > and importable (just the list of what's installed).
>
> I am /definitely/ not an expert..  but in terms of Redhat, what about
> Kickstart?  Doesn't it do something akin to that?  Making a list of
> installation selections?
>
> ~B

Sam Folk-Williams, RHCE
http://predisposition.com/stuff