[TriLUG] mod_proxy + ssl

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Fri Aug 26 12:12:59 EDT 2005

Craig Duncan wrote:
> Is it possible to use a single sever running apache mod_proxy with
> multiple public sub domains and have all the sub domains use ssl with
> one certificate? Or use one public domain and use a combination
> mod_proxy/mod_rewrite soultion?

Yes, it is.

By using an extension on the certificate which CACert.org provides ( I
don't remember the name of the extension just at this instant, but have
mentioned it here before --- ) you can use a "wildcard" certificate for
your farm.  The names don't have to be in a "tree", they can be independent.

Brian