[TriLUG] On bidding maintenance.

jonc jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 29 14:23:12 EDT 2005

Give them a quote based on your "Business Days". IE: initial response to
problem will be by next <corporate name> business day - in most cases
the initial response should resolve the problem.

Publish your <corporate name> business holidays and you are covered.

Also ask for remote access to the systems. Charge more for maintenance
if you have to go back on-site. Be sure they know that most problems are
not a result of the programming but are caused by changes in local
protocols or procedures. Problems of this nature are not covered by
warranty.

Enjoy - Jon Carnes