[TriLUG] display settings goof....

dsandif dsandif at email.unc.edu
Fri Sep 2 11:31:28 EDT 2005

I was Enjoying my Dell 2405fpw  1920x1200 Res.  a little too  much and
decided to take the resolution setting to the highest level (1600x1200),
now the screen blanks out and gives an error message saying that it
can't handle the resolution. I tried going into xorg.conf and editing
the Modes line and removed the "1600x1200" res option but to no avail.
The system still boot up with screen problems. I know I'm on the right
track in getting this resolved but I could use a little help in fine
tunning  my efforts, thanks.

D-