[TriLUG] Linux Digital Audo Workstation and Control surfaces

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 10:17:43 EDT 2005

I'm stuck on XP b/c I have the Digi001 rack... it's proprietary PCI
card and whatever SCSI-like bus it has on it.  Well, stuck may not be
the exactly correct term, but Pro Tools is really nice.  I have been
considering upgrading to the Digi002 rack, it's only $800 if I do a
trade in with my Digi001.  I haven't asked DigiDesign what the cost
would be for trade in to the non rack Digi002, it is definitely more
expensive though.  The firewire interface is a really attractive
option.  Then I can use it with my laptop INside my "quiet room" and
not have to worry about noise or a 2nd person to be around when I want
to record and check levels, etc.  Recording in a track is one thing,
should be fine on a T42... mixing a song is another, I save that for
my monster workstation.  :)

Roy, I'd love to see your setup when you get it going!

laters,
David